Feeling peckish but committed to your goal of healthy eating? Snack AND stay healthy with the following choices:
- sliced tomato with a sprinkle of feta and olive oil
- edamame beans
- ready-to-eat shrimps with chilli sauce
- carrots/cucumbers/celery with hoummus
- dried apricots or medjool dates
- slices of melon
- blue cheese & grapes
- nuts – ANY AND EVERY type of nut, but make sure you choose the unsalted version!
- strawberries/blueberries and natural greek yoghurt (unflavoured)
- peanut butter spread over apple slices (we recommend Pip&Nut or Meridian)
- apple with slices of cheese – so simple but a great duo!
- protein shake with full fat milk (we love NutriStrength for their natural ingredients)
- rice cakes topped with almond butter
- cottage cheese on it’s own or paired with raspberries/pineapple/mango
- a spoonful of coconut oil
- seaweed thins
The emphasis is on NATURAL, UNPROCESSED foods. The above snacks are either high in protein or fat (which will make you feel fuller quicker and for longer than with processed sugary snacks) or which have sugar in naturally. This will help keep your energy levels stable whilst keeping your cravings at bay!