These Terms and Conditions are designed to ensure business between both you (the client) and me (the director) is fair, just, and overall, a happy experience! If you have any questions at all, email me at email@example.com.
In this document, “the company” refers to The Lodestar Clinic Ltd.
In this document, “the director” refers to Dr Lucy Slocum.
In this document, “the website” refers to http://www.thelodestarclinic.com.
In this document, “the premises” refers to the Canada Water Studios, Vancouver House, London, SE16 7BW.
In this document, “the client” refers to the person that will be participating in the programme.
In this document, “the user” refers to anyone viewing the website.
In this document, “the programme” refers to the twelve (12) week programme, inclusive of two consultations, twenty-two (22) group training sessions, at dates and times agreed during the Initial Consultation.
In this document, a “consultation” refers to the two meetings between the client and the director, one at the start and one at the end of the programme, for discussions, measurements and photos, as outlined on the “KICKSTART” page of the website.
In this document, a “session” refers to one of the twenty-two (22) group training sessions that take place either on Tuesdays and Fridays at 07:00 or Mondays and Fridays at 18:30, at the Canada Water Studios, over the course of the twelve (12) week programme.
- All payments are non-refundable.
- When setting up direct debit to pay for the programme, the client agrees to pay for the entire twelve (12) weeks of the programme, regardless of how many consultations and sessions the client attends.
- In the case of the director falling ill or being unable to instruct a session, the session will be cancelled and re-arranged.
- Sessions take place on fixed dates chosen by the director and the client understands that, for whatever reason, if the client is unable to attend a session, the session will not be rearranged for another date.
- Morning sessions start at 07:00 and end at 08:00 regardless of whether the client is late to a session.
- Evening sessions start at 18:30 and end at 19:30 regardless of whether the client is late to a session.
- The client must at all times behave in a reasonable manner, and refrain from using any equipment in a way that is inconsistent with its intended design or purpose.
- The client agrees that if, at any time, the director perceives the client’s behaviour as inappropriate, aggressive or unacceptable, the client will be refused further participation in the programme but full payment for the programme will still be required.
- The client expressly agrees to indemnify and hold the company harmless against any and all claims, demands and damages of any person or entity that may arise from injuries and damages sustained by the client during the programme.
- The client understands and acknowledges that the use of exercise equipment involves the risk of serious injury, including permanent disability and death.
- The client understands that whilst participation in the programme is likely to improve the client’s health, this is not guaranteed by the company.
- The client understands that whilst the goals set in the first consultation are mutually agreed between the client and the director and tailored to the client, the achievement of goals set in the first consultation is not guaranteed by the company.
- The client understands that the company, the director and any employee or agent of the company, is not responsible for property of the client or the property of any guest of the client.
- The client understands that the company, the director and any employee or agent of the company, is not liable for any loss, theft or damage of any property of the client or the property of any guest of the client.
- The client understands that the blood tests will only be performed once payment for joining the programme has been received.
- The client understands that the blood tests are fingerprick blood tests and that about 2ml of blood is collected for testing.
- The client understands that if not enough blood is let after the first prick, a re-prick with a new lancet will be required to fill the bottle, although this is a rare occurrence.
- The client understands that any photos taken during a consultation is to be stored using appropriate measures, and will NOT be used for promotional advertising of the company, unless direct consent is gained from the client.
- The client acknowledges and agrees that any videos taken during a consultation (such as testimonial videos), will be stored using appropriate measures and can be used for promotional advertising of the company.
- Any data relating to measurements of the client will be stored using appropriate measures and will be anonymised before publishing, unless direct consent is gained from the client.
- Any data relating to blood tests must be shared with third party companies in order to obtain the results, but these companies have robust data protection policies in place.
- The client acknowledges and agrees that any photos or videos taken during a session will be stored using appropriate measures and can be used for promotional advertising of the company.
- Generic anonymised data of a client (such as gender) may be used to improve future advertising of the company.
- The personal data of the client is stored using appropriate measures and is used by the company to help improve the service provided, benefit the client and inform the client of offers and discounts to the service.
- The personal data of the client is never sold or rented out to any third party companies.
These Terms and Conditions were published on 25th May 2018, and were last updated on 25th May 2018.